Promoting Health in Haiti Program
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University College of Nursing in partnership with the University d’Etat d’Haiti are collaborating on research and scholarship initiatives for nursing students. These initiatives are supported by three overarching principles:
- Each university values research and the need for sharing knowledge, data and findings as a result of this collaboration.
- Each university values participation in joint research and higher education partnerships and building the capacity of health professions and systems in service to Haiti.
- Each university supports nursing students with a strong commitment of providing service to the Haitian people and their institutions, schools and hospitals.
Our First Graduate!
Blandine Jean-Louis, DNP, FNP, RN
My desire to better understand nursing science following the doctoral program at Downstate Health Sciences University College of nursing has been achieved.
With this study, I am able to:
- Actively participate in achieving the triple goal of health care: improve the experience of patient care, improve the health of populations and reduce the cost of health care per capita.
- Develop a family nurse practitioner post-doctoral program in Haiti.
- Supervise and train future family nurse practitioners where I have already started as an academic manager.
Convocation Ceremony December 2O, 2022: Celebrating our first international graduate from our Global Partnership
Left to right: Dr. Sarah Marshal, Dr. Joanne Ritter-Teitel, Dr Kathleen Bratby, Dr. Blandine Jean-Louis, Dr. Carmelle Bellefleur, Dr. Lori Escallier, Dr. Nataliya Shaforost, Dr. Henri Desrosiers.